My food allergy to Wheat is airborne and ingestion (anaphylactic responses with severe asthma). It is problematic for me to go many places including work. Anyone else have similar issues/reactions and how are you approaching treatment? Any successful tips to navigate this? I’ve been dealing with over a year now, but my asthma is getting worse. I just started an injectable to control the asthma allergic reactions but it takes a year to see real results.
Jessica, I totally understand where you are coming from. I don't have the asthma portion, but breathing gluten makes me sick. Earlier this year, my store was being remodeled. We were moved to a kiosk during construction. Our kiosk was located just feet away from a fresh-baked pretzel kiosk. I had to figure out a solution, or I was going to be out of work for a few months. The solution I found is a little odd. Before my shift, I would take a charcoal capsule and a GlutenEase capsule. I would keep a large bottle of water with me to drink throughout the day. If I noticed the symptoms of gluten exposure, I would take another GlutenEase. I think I ended up taking a capsule 1 every 2 hours to keep the symptoms at bay. I didn't get the rash, I had minor headaches, and my stomach pains stopped. I hope this helps.
Unfortunately, I had to quit a job because of airborne allergens. I so hope the charcoal worked for you!
Thank you it’s worth a shot! Hope you’re feeling better. :)