Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFoodAllergyTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA
April 18, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

For me it's Humboldt Fog cheese. Worth coughing and hacking for a couple days to have some of that, every so often.

April 18, 2016
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

Camembert cheese will screw with my asthma big time and I know this, but if it's on a cheese platter that's put in front of me, I can't resist

October 7, 2016
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

Pizza sauce, but I have them put it on extremely light on my gluten-free, dairy-free pizza. But when I make my pizza sauce with out tomatoes its still delicious! Sometime you just want to be lazy!! LOL

June 14, 2016
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

I have the same issues with fresh cherries. I was advised to wash them with vinegar and water, followed by a spin dryer ... So far it's worked! I do get nervous wherever I try it. Since I don't get ana from cherries, "just lose my voice & scratchy throat" it's worth the try for me. @A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member & @A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member pear and apple are not stone fruit. The term applies to fruits with pits rather than seeds.

May 5, 2016
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

I don't know if pears are considered a stone fruit. But I have the same problem with apples too. Cherries are really bad. Sometimes, depending on the variety and who knows what else, I can eat them no problem. Other times, my throat really itches. No way to know in advance. Usually I eat them until I have a reaction. Oh, and this is only if they are raw. Cooked are fine!

May 2, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glenwood, IL

A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ponderay, ID

A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Philadelphia, PA