I have severe reactions perfume, deoderants, detergents, cleaning materials, damp paper etc

I have severe reactions perfume, deoderants, detergents, cleaning materials, damp paper etc

I just rang out of hours doctors and they say there is noyhing they can do. Part of my nose and lips are numb, my son came into my bedroom and my eyes are stinging like mad.
My lips are swollen too. I'm on steroid nasal spray and inhaler for the first time and steroids are sending my anxiety through the roof. I was told to see my own doctor on Monday. I have positive tests for milk, eggs and fish but he won't take the… read more

A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member said:

Thanks for your reply

posted about 1 year ago
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member said:

Hi there. I want to start off by saying I understand what you are going through.
My Sonny has the same situation as you. And with us it is a lot of trial and error.
He has a Compromised Immune System. Being Vaccine Injured that is where his conditions begin.
First off, I would definitely be taking care of mold in my home.
I have been able to use YLEO as my staple to cleaning. Vinegar or chlorine will put my Sonny through the roof.
I am a distributor for YLEO. And I have found a few of the oils to suit his sensitives.
He has several allergies to perfume, cologne, mold, detergent, cleaning products.
He has severe asthma also.
But the mold is the start. We live in an older home. And I found out if you have wallpaper in your home. There maybe black mold behind that wallpaper. Who would have known. I saw a documentary on a family who finally got to move into their new home, they just built. Only to move out, within a month because of black mold. So it doesn't matter if your home is new or old. Black mold can be there. So I would start there with the black mold to see if alot of your sensitivity will cease.
I hope this was helpful. Let me know. Yours truly Susan

posted over 1 year ago
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member said:

I live with severe allergic asthma to perfumes, scents, molds, cleaning agents, soaps, deodorants and etc as well. It's a trial and error system. Also by informing your support system of the triggers. Avoidance is the key. However, I've lost a job of 13 years due to the complexity of my medical condition. Hang in there. Hugs

posted over 1 year ago
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member said:

Hi I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I can truly empathize with you. Stay encouraged and continue to be an advocate for yourself. Take one day at a time.

posted over 1 year ago
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member said:

Hi. Was in emergency dept on Friday with awful sinus pain, numbness all around my mouth and my tummy in bits. Didn't even see an ENT doctor even though letter was addressed to that dept. Saw a young doctor who told me there was no such thing as a duodenal hernia, even though mine has showed up on several CT contrast scans and I was told I was born with it. Sent home on one nasal spray you don't use if your nose is dry and mine was bone dry. Read instructions too late and the pain up my nose since is ugh. Got put on a different steroid nasal spray, all its doing is stinging my nose and sending my anxiety sky high. Steroids always affect me that way. Also a nasal wash. I'm in bed with same pain in sinuses, especially above my eye and stomach and oesphaghus burning from steroids that are dripping down. No antibiotic, said it was viral. Before that she was putting me on doxycycline but changed her mind because I said I am reacting to all sorts of medication. Have to wait for CT scan of sinuses. There's a 2 year waiting list to see an ENT consultant, yet I can get a private appointment Friday week. She said my son will have to leave if he doesn't stop using stuff that causes a reaction, deoderant, after shave etc etc. I even bought a natural deoderant from Amazon which is brilliant but he refuses to use it.The floors are covered in dust but he won't Hoover, even bought one with filters for dust mites. Black mould is on my mind alot but nobody will listen. Last words from doctor was to get a social worker to have a look at the house and use stuff like lavender which drives my nose and mouth nuts. Final word was to see a psychiatrist. Unbelievable. Sue K it is not an option to move out for a while as anyone I know use cleaning stuff, detergents etc etc. Even in waiting area ofbrmergency dept I'd to keep moving away from people with some sort ofbfragrance. Even the hand pumps annoy me with the smell of alcohol.

posted over 1 year ago
Browse more questions and answers
Continue with Facebook
Sign up with your email
Already a Member? Log in