With citrus is my mouth and tongue break out in sores.
citrus foods, and others like tomato are often high in histamine, and often cause problems for those with food allergies or environmental allergies, e.g tree pollen allergies. my son avoids many fruits types due to his OAS , bananas seem ok though.
It happens every time I try a small sip of Mt Dew, checking to see if it was a true allergy or a stress allergy. Along with the reaction in my mouth is also mild anaphylaxis. Not only do I avoid citrus fruits, I also have to avoid the smell of orange oil. The ingredient 'limonene' makes that difficult as hardly any company lists it in the ingredients for their cleaning products. Lysol does make quite a few without limonene though.
Yes I do the same. Gums will swell and the area gets very sensitive. It takes a full day to get back to a normal. I have to drink a lot of water and use a spray that I have used for years when I come in contact with a food allergen.