Connect with others who understand.

sign up log in
Resources
About MyFoodAllergyTeam

Connect with others who understand.

sign up log in
Resources
About MyFoodAllergyTeam
Real members of MyFoodAllergyTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Can A Severe Migraine Be Considered Anaphylaxis?

Can A Severe Migraine Be Considered Anaphylaxis?

Can a severe migraine - headache, aura's, nausea, vomiting, light & sound sensitivity, and only being able to tolerate ginger ale and mint tea(no solids) for 5 days - be considered anaphylaxis?

posted April 22, 2020
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

With the migraines, i usually get “allergy migraines” but usually the foods that cause this are foods im sensitive to not allergic to.

posted August 27, 2020
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

According to the American Migraine association, you should go see a doctor for the migraine. Headaches can be a sign of an allergy, but Aura's, light and sound sensitivity isn't common. OTOH, if you have metalic taste in your mouth, then that is a sign of an allergy. If it was an anaphylaxis reaction, I would suspect breathing problems. If you still have symptoms, I would definitely go in.

posted April 28, 2020
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

Same with me - to most allergists, I'm not allergic to peanuts, but am sensitive to peanuts. My old allergist (who retired about 10 years ago) said I could include peanuts on my allergy list because it is - as he called it an "limited tolerance acquired allergy". He also said that for me peanuts (and peanuts' cousin soy) are like 'atom bombs'.

posted August 27, 2020
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

This occurred several years ago and I don't remember a metallic taste, but I did have a severe headache, nausea, vomiting, sound sensitivity, and light sensitivity with what I called halos at the time. My Mom would have the same problems, but said she was having "gall bladder" issues - which continued even after she'd had her gall bladder removed. For Mom it seemed like it was, in part, her body's response to the relief of stress (not during stressful situations, but 2-3 days away from the stress).

posted April 29, 2020
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member

I have had bad headache off an on light sensitive etc good questin

posted April 24, 2020

Related content

View all
Hello, Could You Tell Me Which Is More Accurate...the Skin Prick Test Or A Blood RAST Test Please? Thank You
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
I Have Celiac Disease. I’m Not Sure It Is Classified As An “allergy” Or Not.
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
How To Handle School Lunches
A MyFoodAllergyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Already a Member? Log in