"I had a great holiday with virtually no allergic reactions. I was especially afraid of traveling by plane and train in case of perfumes and colognes but it went really well and my children had such a great time and we made lots of aunts and uncles happy with our visit too. I am getting ready to go back to work." -A member on MyFoodAllergyTeam
On MyFoodAllergyTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with food allergies, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Traveling is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some conversations about traveling:
• I’m vacationing in Punta Cana with a gluten and dairy allergy. Very hard talking to waiters etc.
• I was so sick during my vacation I broke down and bought a portable gluten tester.
Here are some question and answer threads about traveling:
• Does anyone have any tips for air travel with an allergic toddler?
• My family is considering a temporary move out of the country. Any tips?
• We are traveling to France and Italy this summer with our TN allergic 14-year-old. Any advice?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyFoodAllergyTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.